The Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce, serving South-Central Vermont, wishes everyone a Happy and Prosperous New Year!
In December we congratulated Six Loose Ladies & Friends Yarn Shop from Proctorsville who became the December Member of the Month. We also thanked the Stone Hearth Inn and Tavern in Chester and Tina’s Fun Stuff to Wear from Ludlow for co-hosting our December mixer. They put on a fashion show and the atmosphere was great!
We held 3 ribbon cuttings in December: Ludlow Laundry Company located in the Okemo Marketplace; Homestyle Hostel Inn and Café on 119 Main Street in Ludlow; and Engel & Volkers to their new location at 126 Main Street in Ludlow.
The Chamber has a great mixer and educational program line up for 2015. And don’t forget to check out our Calendar of Events. We are THE event calendar for the Region!
You’re invited to join the Vermont Chamber of Commerce at the annual Legislative Leadership Luncheon. This interactive forum is an opportunity for you and your business to get exclusive access to Vermont’s top leaders. Sit down to lunch with invited guests: Governor Shumlin, Lt. Governor Phil Scott, Senate President Pro Tempore John Campbell, and Speaker of the House Shap Smith.Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 Time: 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm* Location: Capitol Plaza, Montpelier Price: $30 Vermont Chamber member, $40 non-member
*Complimentary Economic Seminar – 11am-12pm:
We are offering a complimentary seminar on the outlook of the Vermont economy and the Vermont State budget presented by Tom Pelham, former Commissioner of Finance and Management and co-founder of Campaign for Vermont. This seminar is exclusively for Vermont Chamber members and will be held from 11am-12pm in the Ethan Allen Room at the Capitol Plaza Hotel before the Legislative luncheon. When you register for the luncheon simply check the registration box at check out indicating your interest in attending the seminar. You will have the opportunity to ask questions, offer ideas, and most importantly – BE HEARD.
There’s something for everyone! Try Geocaching…
We’re an active Chamber here in the Okemo Valley! We’ve got adventures, activities and events sure to please visitors and locals from all walks of life. But there’s one activity that gets a unique bit of attention, it’s called Geocaching and it’s an international adventure! “Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location. Geocaches can be found all over the world. It is common for geocachers to hide caches in locations that are important to them, reflecting a special interest or skill of the cache owner. These locations can be quite diverse. They may be at your local park, at the end of a long hike, underwater or on the side of a city street.”
There are nearly 400 caches hidden in the Okemo Valley Region. One of those caches is hidden at the Chamber itself. The cache, “All Come Home” has had 114 visits within a year! What a great way to get out, see the sights and even duck into the Chamber Office for information about our Region.
Sign up today and go play, it’s free and fun for all! https://www.geocaching.com/play
Okemo Valley Prescription Drug Discount Card:
Anyone who has recently started a new job and is waiting for their benefits to kick in can use the Okemo Valley Chamber Discount Card as a way to save on prescriptions. Visit http://www.yourplaceinvermont.com/about-us/member-benefits/chamber-member-prescription-drug-card-discount-benefit/ to print your free card!
· Do you have high deductible? If so use the Okemo Valley Chamber DiscountCard until you meet your deductible to help with prescription costs. Visit http://www.yourplaceinvermont.com/about-us/member-benefits/chamber-member-prescription-drug-card-discount-benefit/ to print your free card!
· If your company has recently switched to a HSA or high deductible program, check out the Okemo Valley Chamber Discount Card to help cut back on the cost of prescription drugs.
· If you own a company, you can provide your part time employees with prescription savings with the Okemo Valley Chamber Discount Card.
· The Okemo Valley Chamber Discount Card saves up to 75% on prescription drugs and can be used at over 60,000 pharmacies nationwide!
· If your pet is on a medication that you fill at your regular pharmacy you can usethe Okemo Valley Chamber Discount Card to help save on the cost!!
· If you are currently unemployed use the Okemo Valley Chamber Discount Card to help you save on prescription medications.
· If you have a medication requiring Prior Authorization, and you cannot wait to pick it up, use the Okemo Valley Chamber Discount Card to help you save on that medication today!!!
The next Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce’s (OVRCC) Business […]
Donald Dill of IMAGES BY DONALD DILL of Ludlow was recently selected as […]
A big thank you to the Brooke (Marketing & Project […]