All Member Benefits
We would like to invite you to join our Regional Chamber. We serve the Towns of Andover, Cavendish/Proctorsville, Chester, Grafton, Londonderry, Ludlow, Mount Holly/Belmont, Plymouth, Shrewsbury/Cuttingsville, Weathersfield and Weston.
Here are the benefits you will receive:
FREE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Free listing on our website, yourplaceinvermont.com. Your directory listing includes a description of your business and 10 photos, along with your website and contact information.
- Free listings in our events calendar, which covers the entire state of Vermont. Post your photo and event information yourself at: http://yourplaceinvermont.com/events-calendar.
- You may post on our Chamber Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OkemoValleyVT/
- Free listing in our annual regional guidebook. See advertising options below.
- Free placement of your brochures in our welcome kiosks in Ludlow, Chester, Weston & Londonderry.
- Marketing and promotion of your business.
Events publicized on our Statewide Calendar.
Story ideas submitted to the media.
We blog your stories and accomplishments on our website.
- Free use of the Shared Mall on the www.yourplaceinvermont.com website. This platform gives you the opportunity to sell online through the Chamber website. You can post 20 products or services for free. The platform can also provide a shopping cart system to your existing website. Watch video here
- Free SEO & Web Guidance, Online Cost Analysis and Free Website Setup.
- Free help wanted postings on our website.
- Free ribbon cutting when you join or open a new business.
- Introduction as a new member in our e-newsletter to over 400+ businesses on the first of every month.
- Free quarterly networking Meet other members and share ideas.
- Free educational programs (Members teaching members). Referrals and personal introductions.
- Member to member discounts (this benefit alone will pay for your chamber membership).
- Insurance savings offered through Vermont Association of Chamber Executives
- Health insurance from Blue Cross Blue Shield
The opportunity to participate in:
- Car & Craft Show, August 17, 2019
- Golf Tournament September, 2019
- Big E September September, 2019
- New York Times Trade Show January, 25-27, 2019
- Your products displayed in our case twice a year at the Guilford & Fair Haven Welcome Centers February/March & November/December.
Other member benefits include for you AND your employees:
- Free Chamber Day at Okemo Mountain Resort Adventure Zone in August
- Chamber night at the Weston Playhouse (discounted tickets) in August
- Free fall foliage train ride from Chester-Ludlow-Chester for members and their families in September
- Discounted Okemo ski season passes for members and their employees
- Awesome Graphics wants to offer new chamber members (1) Set of 500 Full color double sided business cards on 16 pt stock – glossy or matte finish
New chamber members also receive the following savings on newspaper ads:
Common News – New Chamber members can purchase 3 2×2 business card size ads (in color or black and white) at our weekly rate and get a 4th ad for free. This is an introductory one time offer for new members. Friday is the deadline for the following Wednesday.
The Vermont Journal – New chamber members will receive 2 free business card ads.
Website Banner Ad
Categories Available: Arts & Culture, Dining, Recreation, Shopping, Lodging, Services, Weddings, and Event Calendar
Non-Profit Members can post banner ads for FREE
Six months $250
Full Year $500
Monthly $45 per month
Home Page 1 year $1,500
Published May 2019-2020
Enhanced listing – 50 words under your free listing $135
1/8 page ad $395
1/4 page ad $715
1/2 page ad $1,195
Full page ad $2,095
2 page advertorial – you provide copy and photos $2,495
2 page advertorial – we provide copy and photos $2,995
Inside Front Cover $2,300
*Non-profits receive 30% off standard rates
** Advertorials receive a free 1/4 page ad ($715 value)
*** Take a 10% discount if ads paid by March 1st
Media kit with ad sizes and requirements is available. All materials due on March 15, 2019. Reservation deadline March 1, 2019.
All membership fees must be paid in full to be listed in guidebook
Yankee Magazine May/June 2019 $1,133
Vermont Vacation Guide Summer 2020 $606.25
Vermont Vacation Guide Winter 2019/20 $370
Chrome & Craft Show Aug 17, 2019 $500
Golf Tournament Sept, 2019
Title – includes foursome & tee box $675
Prize sponsor – Clubhouse signage $200
Hole sponsor – Tee box signage $150
New York Times January 2019 will take your brochures $100
Boston Globe February 2019 will take your brochures $100
CT Travel Show May 2019 will take your brochures $100
VT Info Board
Outside Chamber Office from July – July $120
Criteria for Business Membership
In order to be considered for business membership in the Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce, a person or business must maintain a professional license or be registered with the Vermont Secretary of State, and/or have a Federal Taxpayer ID. The business must support the Chamber, embody the spirit of the Chamber’s Mission Statement, and demonstrate a desire to promote and support the activities of the Chamber.
Chamber Mission Statement
The Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce (OVRCC) is a not-for-profit, member-driven organization. It is the voice of its members and the business communities in South Central Vermont. We provide advocacy, support, and unified regional marketing, to promote and enhance our regional businesses and four-season economy.
Business Membership Dues
Determined by # of people who work in the business.
Full time staff: Any person who works substantially full time (including owners).
Seasonal or Part Time Workers: Counted as 1/3 of a full time staff person.
Step #1: Determine Adjusted Staff (Owners Included):
Full Time =
Part Time (divide by 3, round down) =
Adjusted Staff Number (add 2 numbers above) =
Step #2: Find your Annual Share Dues: (Based on Adjusted Staff):
1 & 2 adjusted staff: $278 3 adjusted staff: $314
4 adjusted staff: $350 5 & 6 adjusted staff: $443
7 & 8 adjusted staff: $463 9 & 10 adjusted staff: $494
11 or more adjusted staff: $494, plus $8 per adjusted staff over 11
Non-Profit Rate: $149
As an individual member the annual cost is $100. This membership allows you to GET Connected – BE Involved. To participate in all mixers, events, educational opportunities, serve on committees, receive monthly eNews and member-to-member discounts (does not include insurance or full business benefits). All are for free or at low member rates, and allows you to be an active participant in the regional economy.
Patron Memberships are set according to your desired level of support – Silver, Gold and Platinum. Patron members get all the same benefits as individual members with patrons and support level named in the chamber guidebook, website, information kiosk and will be cited each time an important milestone is reached. Our patron’s support allow the chamber to take decisive and strategic steps aimed at operational agility, customized programs based on the needs of our members, and steps to strengthen and grow our Okemo Valley Region.
- Silver Level is for investment between $200 to $500
- Gold Level is for investment between $501 and $800
- Platinum Level is for investment beginning at $801+