June Chamber Corner
June Chamber Corner
Submitted by Marji Graf, CEO
Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce
- We held our annual meeting on May 13 at Newbank Conference Center. Thank you to Heritage Deli for catering, thank you to our speaker Kerry Seacrest for our uplifting talk about living in community and we welcomed 5 new members to the Board: Margaret Vincent from Vermont T’s; Julie-Lynn Wood, Golden Stage Inn, returning for a second 2 year term; Emmett Dunbar from Anjali Farm in Londonderry; Terry Bane from Imery’s in Ludlow and Marilee Spanjian from the Inn at Weathersfield.
- Kim Dixon from Insights held another email marketing training on May 14.
- Our guests this month on lpctv are Tesha Buss, Chair of our Energy Committee and Joe Evans from Table 19 in Springfield.
- We presented Mark Williams of Mr. Darcy’s Bar & Grill the Member of the Year award for his outstanding service to the chamber and community.
- We thanked Donald Dill, Brian Halligan and Layne Herschel for their 4 years of service on the board.
- We have an exciting trip scheduled for next May 6-13, 2016. It is the 100th anniversary of the National Parks and we will be heading to the Southwest. An 8-day tour from Scottsdale Arizona to Las Vegas for only $2499 per person, leaving from Boston. Details can be found on our website; YourPlaceInVermont.com
Mark your Calendars:
June 10 Mixer at President Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site – Plymouth
June 11 Chamber Day at Okemo’s Adventure Zone – 3pm-7pm – Ludlow
June 17 Understanding your credit score with Carrie Allen of Heritage Family Credit Union – Chester
June 30 Chamber night at the Weston Playhouse – discounted tickets for “Pump Boys”
July 8 Mixer at Inn at Weathersfield –Perkinsville
July 21 Building Stronger Teams with Ross Gibson of The Richards Group at Newsbank Conference Center
August 4&5 Constant Contact email marketing & more with Kim Dixon Newsbank Conference Center
August 12 Mixer at ClearLake Furniture – Ludlow
August 29&30 Okemo Valley Antique & Classic Car Show, Fletcher Farm School for the Arts & Crafts grounds
Sept 9 “Let’s Make A Deal” mixer at the Stone Hearth Inn & Tavern – Chester
Sept 24 OVRCC Golf Tournament at OVGC
Oct 14 Mixer at Crowley Cheese in Mount Holly
Oct 20 An Introduction to The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Ross Gibson of The Richards Group and Newsbank Conference Center – Chester
Nov 11 Mixer at Jackson Gore Inn – Ludlow
Dec 9 Holiday party at The Hartness House – Springfield
Only 5 mixer dates are available for 2016
2/10, 3/9, 8/10, 9/14, 10/12. Call Marji 228-5830.
The inaugural Winter-Spring issue of Okemo Valley Magazine is scheduled be published […]
Cruise In at Benson’s Chevrolet, Ludlow, VT Friday Aug 16th […]
The Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce (OVRCC) announced the […]