All Member Benefits
We would like to invite you to join our Regional Chamber. We serve the Towns of Andover, Baltimore, Cavendish/Proctorsville, Chester/Gassetts, Grafton, Londonderry/Landgrove, Ludlow, Mount Holly/Belmont, Plymouth/Tyson, Shrewsbury/Cuttingsville, Weathersfield/Perkinsville and Weston.
Here are the benefits you will receive:
FREE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Your business listing* and/or banner ad on our website, yourplaceinvermont.com. Your directory listing includes a description of your business and 10 photos, along with a link to your website and contact information.
- Your business listing* in our annual regional guidebook with the option of purchasing additional advertising. (See advertising options below.) Distributed to over 35,000 visitors!
- Cooperative Advertising opportunities (Vermont Vacation Guides, World Cup and others)
- Low cost advertising on the Information Kiosk.
- Placement* of your brochures in our welcome kiosks in Ludlow, Chester, & Weston as appropriate.
- Marketing & promotion* of your business within Okemo Valley and the broader marketplace.
- Publicize your local and regional events on our website’s* Statewide Calendar*.
- Story* ideas submitted to media – print, broadcast and online.
- We blog* and amplify your stories and accomplishments on our website and social media.
- Post your help wanted ads* on our website.
- Ribbon cuttings* to promote your business in our e-newsletter, on our website and in the media.
NETWORKING & ADVOCACY:
- Bi-monthly networking* evening events (5:30 – 7:30 pm) opportunities to host, co-host, or sponsor to bolster your business visibility. Meet fellow chamber members and learn about their businesses.
- Educational programs* for members by members and other experts on topics to help you grow your business.
- Customized referrals* personal and professional introductions to get you the connections you need to grow.
- Business support to help you resolve business issues* with referrals to programs and resources that can help.
- Advocating for you with our local, state and federal legislative delegation and government officials*.
- Member to member discounts* – annual list of member to member discounts offered to fellow chamber members (savings that can often cover your annual chamber membership dues!).
- Just Between Us* – this is another member discount that is regularly updated and sent out to members monthly via email. Provides the opportunity to customize discounts to fellow members at different times of the year.
- Insurance savings on plans only available to chamber members, their partner, family and employees (offered through the Vermont Association of Chamber Executives – VACE) on dental, accident-life, vision and health insurance.
The opportunity to participate in fun chamber events (sponsorships, raffle prizes, etc.):
- Car & Craft Show August 17, 2019
- Golf Tournament September, 2019
Participate in Visitor Center displays* in our case in the heavy foot traffic Guilford VT visitors center (August & December) by showcasing your items.
Join a trade or travel show with us to promote your business, our region and the State of Vermont
- Big E (Springfield MA) September
- New York Times Trade Show January
*These items are included as part of your chamber membership!
Other member benefits include for you AND your employees:
- Local merchant EPIC Ski/Ride Pass through Okemo/Vail Resorts – provides discounted ski season passes in the Northeast and around the country
- Chamber night at the Weston Playhouse (discounted tickets) in August
- Free fall foliage train ride* from Ludlow to Chester for members and their families in September
Website Banner Ad:
Categories Available: Arts & Culture, Dining, Recreation, Shopping, Lodging, Services, Weddings, and Event Calendar
(Non-Profit Members can post banner ads for FREE)
Six months: $250
Full Year: $500
Monthly: $45 per month
Home Page: (1 year) $1,500
Published May 2019-2020
Enhanced listing – 50 words under your free listing $135
1/8 page ad $395
1/4 page ad $715
1/2 page ad $1,195
Full page ad $2,095
2 page advertorial – you provide copy and photos $2,495
2 page advertorial – we provide copy and photos $2,995
Inside Front Cover $2,300
*Non-profits receive 30% off standard rates
** Advertorials receive a free 1/4 page ad ($715 value)
*** Take a 10% discount if ads paid by March 1st
Media kit with ad sizes and requirements is available. Reservation deadline March 1, 2019. Materials due on March 15, 2019.
All membership fees must be paid in full to be listed in guidebook
Vermont Vacation Guide Summer 2020 $606.25
Vermont Vacation Guide Winter 2019/20 $370
Chrome & Craft Show Aug 17, 2019 $500
Golf Tournament Sept, 2019
Title – includes foursome & tee box $675
Prize sponsor – Clubhouse signage $200
Hole sponsor – Tee box signage $150
New York Times January 2019 will take your brochures $100
Boston Globe February 2019 will take your brochures $100
CT Travel Show May 2019 will take your brochures $100
VT Info Board
Outside Chamber Office from July – July $120
Criteria for Business Membership
In order to be considered for business membership in the Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce, a person or business must maintain a professional license or be registered with the Vermont Secretary of State, and/or have a Federal Taxpayer ID. The business must support the Chamber, embody the spirit of the Chamber’s Mission Statement, and demonstrate a desire to promote and support the activities of the Chamber.
Chamber Mission Statement
The Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce (OVRCC) is a not-for-profit, member-driven organization. It is the voice of its members and the business communities in South Central Vermont. We provide advocacy, support, and unified regional marketing, to promote and enhance our regional businesses and four-season economy.
Business Membership Dues
Determined by # of people who work in the business.
Full time staff: Any person who works substantially full time (including owners).
Seasonal or Part Time Workers: Counted as 1/3 of a full time staff person.
Step #1: Determine Adjusted Staff (Owners Included):
Full Time =
Part Time (divide by 3, round down) =
Adjusted Staff Number (add 2 numbers above) =
Step #2: Find your Annual Share Dues: (Based on Adjusted Staff):
1 & 2 adjusted staff: $278 3 adjusted staff: $314
4 adjusted staff: $350 5 & 6 adjusted staff: $443
7 & 8 adjusted staff: $463 9 & 10 adjusted staff: $494
11 or more adjusted staff: $494, plus $8 per adjusted staff over 11
Non-Profit Rate: $149
For home-based businesses with NO employees, a new entrepreneurial membership category is designed for individual artists, artisans or folks in the agriculture/farm-to-table sector. Not only does this membership allow you to be involved in all chamber events, it also helps you to promote and showcase your products & services where appropriate. Keep up with happenings in the region via all the chambers communications, share in fellow member-to-member discounts and secure affordable insurance programs (health, dental, & vision) for yourself, an exclusive benefit for chamber members only. $175
As an individual member the annual cost is $100. This membership allows you to GET Connected – BE Involved. To participate in all mixers, events, educational opportunities, serve on committees, receive monthly eNews and member-to-member discounts (does not include insurance or full business benefits). All are for free or at low member rates, and allows you to be an active participant in the regional economy.
Patron Memberships are set according to your desired level of support – Silver, Gold and Platinum. Patron members get all the same benefits as individual members with patrons and support level named in the chamber guidebook, website, information kiosk and will be cited each time an important milestone is reached. Our patron’s support allow the chamber to take decisive and strategic steps aimed at operational agility, customized programs based on the needs of our members, and steps to strengthen and grow our Okemo Valley Region.
- Silver Level is for investment between $200 to $500
- Gold Level is for investment between $501 and $800
- Platinum Level is for investment beginning at $801+