All Member Benefits
We would like to invite you to join our Regional Chamber. We serve the Towns of Andover, Baltimore, Cavendish/Proctorsville, Chester/Gassetts, Grafton, Londonderry/Landgrove, Ludlow, Mount Holly/Belmont, Plymouth/Tyson, Shrewsbury/Cuttingsville, Weathersfield/Perkinsville and Weston.
Here are the benefits you will receive:
- Your business listing* on our website, yourplaceinvermont.com. Your directory listing includes a description of your business and 10 photos, along with a link to your website and contact information.
- Your business listing* in our semi-annual Okemo Valley Magazine with the option of purchasing additional advertising. (See advertising options below.) Distributed to over 75,000 visitors a year with the Winter/Spring and Summer/Fall issues!
- Cooperative Advertising opportunities (Vermont Vacation Guides, World Cup and others)
- Low cost advertising on the chamber visitor center Information Kiosk.
- Placement* of your brochures in our visitors welcome center.
- Marketing & promotion* of your business within Okemo Valley and the broader marketplace:
- Publicize your local and regional events on our website’s* Statewide Events Calendar*.
- Story* ideas submitted to media – print, broadcast and online.
- We blog* & amplify your stories and accomplishments on our website and social media
- We share your posts on our social media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.
7. Post your help wanted ads* on our website and Facebook page.
8. Ribbon cuttings* to promote your business in our e-newsletter, on our website and in the media.
9. Help promoting Grand Opening Ceremonies for new business members.
10. Introduction as a new chamber member:
- in our monthly e-news to over 300+ businesses and their 800+ employees on the first of every month
- at our monthly mixer events including the opportunity to share remarks about your business
- on our social media channels
- Monthly networking* evening events (5:30 – 7:30 pm) opportunities to host, co-host, sponsor or share a raffle prize to bolster your business visibility. Meet fellow chamber members and learn about their businesses.
- Educational programs* for members by members and other experts on topics to help you grow your business.
- Local member morning “Coffee Talk” gatherings around the region.
- Annual Legislative Forums to meet directly with your representatives to share your concerns.
- Customized referrals* personal and professional introductions to get you the connections you need to grow.
- Business support to help you resolve business issues* with referrals to programs and resources that can help.
- Advocating for you with our local, state and federal legislative delegation and government officials*.
- Member to member discounts* – annual list of member to member discounts offered to fellow chamber members (savings that can often cover your annual chamber membership dues!).
- Just Between Us* – this is another member discount that is regularly updated and sent out to members monthly via email. Provides the opportunity to customize discounts to fellow members at different times of the year.
- Insurance savings on plans only available to chamber members, their partner, family and employees (offered through the Vermont Association of Chamber Executives – VACE) on dental, vision and accident-life.
- Okemo Valley Magazine – advertising discounts for chamber members in good standing. (Savings that may even cover the cost of your annual chamber membership dues!).
- The opportunity to participate in fun chamber events (sponsorships, raffle prizes, etc.):
- Summer Festival July/August
- Golf Tournament September
- Winter Promotional Activities January/February
2. Participate in Visitor Center displays* in our case in the heavy foot traffic Guilford, Fair Haven or other Vermont Welcome Centers center (February/March, August or November/December) by showcasing your items.
3. Join a trade or travel show with us to promote your business, our region and the State of Vermont:
- Big E (Springfield MA) September
- Travel & Tourism Trade Shows (as appropriate) we will also take your brochures with us for only $100!
*All these items are included as part of your chamber membership!
Other special member benefits for you AND your employees:
- Local merchant EPIC Ski/Ride Pass through Okemo/Vail Resorts – provides discounted ski season passes in the Northeast and around the country
- Chamber night at the Weston Playhouse (discounted tickets)
- Free fall foliage train ride* on the Green Mountain Railroad round-trip from the Chester Depot for members, their employees and families.
- Awesome Graphics offers new chamber members (1) Set of 500 Full color double sided business cards on 16 pt stock – glossy or matte finish.
Website Banner Ad:
Categories Available: Arts & Culture, Dining, Recreation, Shopping, Lodging, Services, Weddings, and Event Calendar. (Non-Profit Members can post banner ads for FREE)
- Bi-Monthly $90 per month
- Quarterly (3 months): $135
- Six months: $250
- Full Year: $500
- Home Page: (1 year) $1,500
*we are working on additional promotional packages to include social media & digital options
Okemo Valley Magazine:
Semi-Annual (Columbus & Memorial Weekends)
rate* Summer 2020 Winter 20/21 2X
- Back Cover $3460 $3890 $3300
- Inside Front or Back Covers $2900 $3250 $2760
- Full page ad $2300 $2630 $2220
- 2/3 page ad (vertical) $1730 $2000 $1670
- 1/2 page ad (horizontal or vertical) $1560 $1790 $1500
- 1/3 page ad (square or vertical) $1040 $1150 $980
- 1/6 page ad (horizontal or vertical) $690 $790 $670
*2x rate includes both Summer & Winter issues – billed separately
Contact us for the latest rate card or other information
Media kit with ad sizes and requirements is available.
Deadlines: Space Reservation Ad Materials Due Publication Date
SUMMER/FALL ISSUE: March 13 April 10 May 15
WINTER/SPRING ISSUE: August 1 August 28 October 2
All membership dues and fees must be paid in full to be listed in the magazine directory.
- Vermont Vacation Guide (Summer) $606.25
- Vermont Vacation Guide (Winter) $370
- Killington Audi FIS Women’s Ski World Cup Program (November) $400
*Other advertising options will be considered with sufficient notice. Please contact us.
New chamber members also receive the following savings:
- The Vermont Journal – New chamber members will receive 2 free business card ads.
- Summer Festival: July/August
- Winter Promotional Activities: January/February
- Golf Tournament: September
- Hole-in-One $ (varies)
- Title – includes foursome & tee box $675
- Pop-Up Tent Hole Sign Sponsor $250
- Prize sponsor – Clubhouse signage $200
- Hole sponsor – Tee box signage $150
- Raffle Prize Sponsor $25+ value
- Goodie Bag Item Donor $ (varies)
4. Okemo Valley Showcase: Online Auction item donor $100+ value
5. Newsletter sponsors:
- Monthly Enews
- Monthly Just Between Us
- Quarterly Tourism Visitor
VT Info Board Kiosk
Outside Chamber Office annually from (Annually July – July) $120
Criteria for Business Membership
In order to be considered for business membership in the Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce, a person or business must maintain a professional license or be registered with the Vermont Secretary of State, and/or have a Federal Taxpayer ID. The business must support the Chamber, embody the spirit of the Chamber’s Mission Statement, and demonstrate a desire to promote and support the activities of the Chamber.
Chamber Mission Statement
The Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce (OVRCC) is a not-for-profit, member-driven organization. It is the voice of its members and the business communities in South Central Vermont. We provide advocacy, support, and unified regional marketing, to promote and enhance our regional businesses and four-season economy.
Business Membership Dues
Determined by # of people who work in the business.
Full time staff: Any person who works substantially full time (including owners).
Seasonal or Part Time Workers: Counted as 1/3 of a full time staff person.
Step #1: Determine Adjusted Staff (Owners Included):
Full Time =
Part Time (divide by 3, round down) =
Adjusted Staff Number (add 2 numbers above) =
Step #2: Find your Annual Share Dues: (Based on Adjusted Staff):
1 & 2 adjusted staff: $278 3 adjusted staff: $314
4 adjusted staff: $350 5 & 6 adjusted staff: $443
7 & 8 adjusted staff: $463 9 & 10 adjusted staff: $494
11 or more adjusted staff: $494, plus $8 per adjusted staff over 11
Non-Profit Rate: $149
For home-based businesses with NO employees, a new entrepreneurial membership category is designed for individual artists, artisans or folks in the agriculture/farm-to-table sector. Not only does this membership allow you to be involved in all chamber events, it also helps you to promote and showcase your products & services where appropriate. Keep up with happenings in the region via all the chambers communications, share in fellow member-to-member discounts and secure affordable insurance programs (health, dental, & vision) for yourself, an exclusive benefit for chamber members only. $175
As an individual member the annual cost is $100. This membership allows you to GET Connected – BE Involved. To participate in all mixers, events, educational opportunities, serve on committees, receive monthly eNews and member-to-member discounts (does not include insurance or full business benefits). All are for free or at low member rates, and allows you to be an active participant in the regional economy.
Patron Memberships are set according to your desired level of support – Silver, Gold and Platinum. Patron members get all the same benefits as individual members with patrons and support level named in the chamber guidebook, website, information kiosk and will be cited each time an important milestone is reached. Our patron’s support allow the chamber to take decisive and strategic steps aimed at operational agility, customized programs based on the needs of our members, and steps to strengthen and grow our Okemo Valley Region.
- Silver Level is for investment between $200 to $500
- Gold Level is for investment between $501 and $800
- Platinum Level is for investment beginning at $801+